Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wedding Planning

Wedding Planning Timeline
I am one of those backward brides. This has been my planning process in order thus far.
Picked a date --> Booked Photographer --> Booked Venue --> Booked Videographer -->
Bought 2 wedding dresses --> Got Engaged!

I have a confession to make. Before I got engaged a few months ago, I actually started planning my wedding last summer. WITH the Man-friend's permission of course! See, we were long distance and we knew we were going to get married after I graduated and moved back to Cali. I told him that I needed a year in advance to plan the wedding. So we both whipped out our calenders and looked at 2009 dates together. The summer months from June-August were crossed out by the Man-friend because he exudes a ton of heat and he swore he'd pass out from heatstroke if we had a summer wedding. May and September became top contenders. I looked at May and I thought, "No way am I going to be able to plan a wedding from Jan to May after I move back to Cali, take my exam, and then find a job." So, September it was. And when we looked at the September dates, a perfect date was right in front of our nose. We chose to have our wedding on our monthly anniversary date! So, that was how our date was chosen. I love our date. All those 9's.

FYI
: The Chinese meaning for the number nine is "longlasting". My mom was very pleased with my date.

What was your Wedding Planning Timeline like? How did you pick your date?

1 comment:

  1. Well, at least you had permission from the man!!! Congrats and thanks for visiting My Island Wedding.

    Let me know if I can help in any way. Also, please enter our "inspiration board contest!" It would be fun to see what you come up with!

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete