Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Can You Top This?



I have been searching for an awesome cake topper for our wedding cake. Since our wedding is beach themed, I looked around for some non-cheesy ones. I started out looking for beach-y toppers and then I stumbled upon a whole new world of unique cake toppers!

This starfish one is kinda cute.

I saw this Precious Moments cake topper and thought it was the cutest. This would be fun for someone getting married in Disneyland.

Here are some beautiful beaded cake toppers by Stacie Tamaki, seen on The Flirty Bride.





I found a ton on Etsy by typing in "custom cake topper" in the search bar.

From Etsy seller: Cornflakegirl
This one reminds me of Chinese Vintage Glam. Sooo cute!

How adorable are these chick toppers? The glasses on the groom just melt me.


I think it's because he has an uncanny resemblance to Chicken Little, who I so would've dated if I was also an animated girl chicken.

Source


Source

From Etsy seller: Mud Cards


This monkey couple runs for $35.


How awesome are these Kokeshi dolls from Etsy seller Mikazuki81 ...





Want a cake topper to actually LOOK like you? Below are a couple of options.

You Top The Cake: Starts at $350 for a wedding couple
(Gah! Not at all affordable for this Bride)


Nicole Wong: Starts at $119 for a Mini-Couple



Her eye for detail is amazing and I love how she can add accessories, like these below:

Indian couple


Hawaiian themed


Married in Vegas (love the cards and chips)


Paramedic and Cop

Our cake will look very similar to the one below. Our cake baker had told us that she could make our wedding topper. I don't know if it would look good with seashells on top of the cake or if we should put our own customized cake topper on it. I'm still going to order one though. And if we don't end up using it, we could always display it in front of our cake.



Guess which one we ended up ordering? I can't wait to show you all when it arrives!

Did you have a custom cake topper? What did it look like?

1 comment:

  1. Not gonna lie... the starfish and the first topper are SUPER cute. Very beachy! I can't wait to see which one you chose! It would be so hard to pick just one! :)

    ReplyDelete