Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Cheap Beauty Secrets

I have always been a student and didn't start a "real" job until 3 months ago. For those of you who are unable to get your eyebrows waxed or threaded every 2 weeks, I have a good eyebrow money saver that I've been using for many years. Say hello to the Eyebrow Shaver.



I use it to clean my arch, above and below. I know you're not suppose to do much above your eyebrows but I shave a little bit up there. And you can clean in between your eyebrows too, to prevent that unibrow. It's so easy to use and very efficient. It takes me all of 30 seconds to do a clean sweep.

I usually buy mine at the Asian supermarkets for a couple of dollars (which lasts me months), but I have seen these babies start popping up at Walgreens so check them out at the makeup area! Amazon also sells Ardell Brow Trimmers here.

Secret #2 is something I learned from my old roomie. I am one of those klutz's that wakes up one day with 3-4 nice purple bruises on their legs, and does not notice them until someone (usually my mom or the fiance) points them out . Then I kinda cock my head to the side, raise an eyebrow, and go, "Huh, wonder where that came from." And... here's my old roomie's trick to cover up those nasty bruises. Sally Hansen's Airbrush Legs Makeup.



I tried it on the day I took my engagement pictures. I just picked a color that was close to my skin color, and then sprayed it all over my legs. I then evened it out with my fingers. The results turned out pretty okay. It's like foundation and coverup, but for your legs! It's also nice for someone that has freakishly white legs and a tanned rest-of-the-body to even up those legs and eliminate the stark black/white contrast. I also read that mixing it with a little bit of lotion may tone down the color. I'm going to try the lotion/spray mix next time!

Anyone else has some cheap beauty secrets they'd like to share?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this first product! I've never heard of such a thing, but I am constantly freaking out in the mirror and grabbing a pair of tweezers!

    Such a nice find! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete