Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Producing the Invites

I couldn't believe people have actually seen Indonesian invites! Yay for beautiful hard-cover invites!

Since we have not sent out all the invites yet... I'll show you a sneak peak. After Leslie finished our invitation design, I sent them to Maple Cards, our invitation producer in Indonesia... via email. With the help of my mom in Indonesia to visualize the actual invitation (to make sure it wasn't fugly) and massive emails among the three of us... we came up with some graphic design for the cover. Everything was based off of Leslie's work.

The purple envelope will hold our hard-covered invitations. Isn't it so pretty? *tear*


This was the first prototype of the cover he sent me. Which looked just unbalanced to me. He meant to put the "A Wedding...Boardwalk" in the exact same place as the envelope, but it looked just wrong.


So, I asked him to make it a little more centered. Hmm.... still not right. Am I missing something?


Then, he added graphics to the sides. I'm not sure if it was his idea, my mom's, or based off of my friend's invite (she had scroll graphics with hearts instead of hibiscus flowers); but it was beautiful and I loved it!


I still thought it was missing something so I asked him if he can add "A Wedding...Boardwalk" to the scroll/flower graphics.


He did this one where it was placed closer to the top.


For some odd reason, my mom thought it would look best all the way to the left and higher up.
I quickly vetoed this idea.


I then suggested moving "A Wedding... Boardwalk" to line up with my name. I was finally starting to like it!


But then I reviewed the original designs and what-wait a minute! What happened to the hibiscus flower behind "A Wedding... Boardwalk"? So I asked him to put it back in.


And this was our final agreement. 1) Scroll-y flower graphics on the side; 2) "A Wedding...Boardwalk" with the Hibiscus flower behind it and 3) lined up with my name.


Just deciding this design probably took us 2 weeks. I lost count of the days. We were 14 hours apart, people! One email response takes a whole day since the other side of the world is sleeping when we write our email.

How long did it take you to design your invitations?

FYI: These invites may look expensive, but they were actually very affordable =P Yay for having Indonesian connections.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I didn't realize you guys went through such a long process to come up with the final design. I actually appreciate it more now!

    ReplyDelete