Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pre-Wedding Chop... for Cheap!

I may or may not regret this decision, but I decided to chop my beautiful long hair 7 months before my wedding day.

Before

I'm the one in the Pajama Bear shorts - yes, very sexxxay


I'm the one on the left, sans Pajama bear shorts

After




It will grow back, won't it? I'm thinking of styling my hair down anyways, with some curls.

So, why did I make this crazy decision to do a pre-wedding chop? Because I'm the type of girl that cuts her hair once every 2 years, and it was definitely around that time. I had a dilemma: wait another 7 months and have my hair down to my butt or just chop it off now and hope it'll be long enough in 7 months? While I was looking for jobs on craigslist, I multi-tasked and searched for someone needing a hair model. I went under Services --> Beauty --> then searched "hair model". I found a salon (Jaujou Studio) looking for someone, so I emailed them along with a picture showing off my hair. The owner then emailed me back and we set up an appointment. I told them that I was currently looking for a job and getting married within the year, so I didn't want a crazy hairstyle. And also, could he cut off 10 inches so that I could donate it to Locks of Love? He was okay with that. Basically, the salons need hair models to train their stylists or for the stylists to gain experience doing new styles. I paid $20 for my haircut. If I had wanted it cut and colored, it would have been $35 total! What an awesome deal!

The Cons:
- I was there for TWO hours, just to get a layered haircut
- The trainees are not that experienced... so it kinda is a risk

The Pros:
- The owner cut about 75% of my hair because he was showing his trainee what to do. And also, I don't think he could keep still and watch someone jack a style up.
- Hellooo... hecka cheap!

I think I will forever be a hair model from now on. It's kinda fun. I told the owner I was definitely coming back after my wedding and that he could do whatever he wanted with my hair. And I am totally dragging the Fiance with me since he, too, shall be a hair model from now on.

Did anyone else take the plunge and do a Pre-wedding Chop?

No comments:

Post a Comment