Friday, June 12, 2009

Our Story

OUR STORY:



We met at a transvestite bar. He was doing some stripper move around a pole when he caught my attention. Apparently, I went up to the pole and showed him some stripper moves myself. At the end of the night, he walked us to our car. I vaguely remembered that night until I saw those pictures later of us dancing around a pole.

I saw him on Myspace the following week and had to send him a message. Then I found him on his personal blog. Then I found him on AIM. He thought I was a stalker. I thought I was just being friendly.

He then had a post up of his DYSON. He had me at Dyson. Or was it at the Trannie Bar.

Within a few weeks, I told him I had a crush on him. I didn't ask him if he felt the same but my instinct told me he did. We waited 6 months until we saw each other again during which we developed our friendship. (And also, we were each praying about it - unaware that the other was praying also!) We spent the whole week together while I was there.



I took him out on our first "date". Actually it was more of a group thing, with like 10 other people, but I had organized it. I bought everyone's ticket to get our seats together. Apparently, Phil was pretty ignorant on dating etiquettes and so he never paid for my ticket... or HIS. I forgave him though. He really was naive. My girlfriend had to actually call him up and give him dating advice on ways to impress me, haha!

On my second to last day of vacation, we went to Yosemite (I now live 2 hours from this gorgeous place)!
We spent most of the day doing a short hike at Yosemite Falls and laying under the waterfall with our feet dipped in the freezing cold water. Afterwards, we were starving so we went to eat Pizza at Curry Village.


We were sweaty and smelly and tired from climbing rocks all day. I asked him to sing to me the song he especially made for me on my birthday. He sang to me softly in my ear in the midst of the crowd. And afterwards, he asked me to be his girlfriend.

And then we were in a long distance relationship for 2.5 years, with me in Dallas, TX and him in the Bay Area, Ca. People gave me the Uuggh-good-luck-with-THAT-itsnotgoingtolast look when they found out I was in an LD. But you know what. If you have faith and persistance, then YES, you CAN make it work. I won't lie and say it's easy but I think that if BOTH of you work at it and make the effort, the waiting period until you can be reunited will only make your relationship stronger.


I am glad I waited for him. He was definitely worth the wait. I have never been happier.


I was unawares of his facial expression....


And he was unawares of mine...


I fit perfectly in the area of his deltopectoral triangle where the cephalic vein runs through....


My hand falls naturally to his Gluts (or I'm really just checking out his wallet, um yeah)

Pictures taken by Junshien (my paparazzi) in Aug 2006


L to R: Jon, Me, Junshien

How did everyone else meet? I love hearing stories!

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome story! I imagine your wedding will be a insance dance party!!! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. We met on Xanga over a blog post about Food Network and softball...

    ReplyDelete