Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Coolest Ringbearer

... would be yourself, of course!


Source

Peonies and Polaroids came up with the unique idea of being each other's ring bearers. Below, she explained the idea behind it:
"On the other wrist I will be wearing The Boy's wedding ring. Weird, I know but we like the idea of each looking after the other's ring until the ceremony (I've never understood how or why on earth the best man came to be in possession of the wedding rings. It just doesn't make sense. Or why they were entrusted to a four year old, or a dog for that matter.) As there aren't any pockets on my dress (oh how I wish there were) trying it around my wrist seemed like the best idea. I will get someone to tie it on just before the ceremony so there isn't time for the knot to come undone and for me to lose it, then when we get to the rings bit The Boy will help me to untie it and hey presto, we have the ring."
How awesome is this idea? I don't know if we will incorporate this or not into our wedding, but I wouldn't object to it. Except that I would be completely paranoid about having the ring drop somewhere and getting lost. Especially if they were separated and two different people were looking after their safety. The chances of one getting lost seems to exponentially rise.

Has anyone else done this? I would love to see pictures.

Who (or what) was your Ring Bearer?

2 comments:

  1. This idea is nice but knowing me I would probably tie the ribbon into knots and have issues taking it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't have a ring bearer...but we did have a very trustworth MOH and best man, so they held onto them for us. It's cute around the wrist though, I like that idea!

    ReplyDelete