Thursday, June 25, 2009

Invitation Inspirations

Most of the weddings I've been to are from the Indonesian people I know from church. And let me tell you, these people have some of the fanciest invitations. Ever. Could you blame me for wanting pretty invitations to rival?


I won't post any of my friends' invitations for privacy's sake, but I will tell you they all look similar to these beautiful hard-covered invites:


Check out these from Vinas Invitation:










This guy created the design for his sister and had it made in Indonesia to save $$$.


I absolutely adore this beach invitation.


Source

Luckily for me, my mom decided to go to Indonesia in Feb 2009 and stay there for a couple months, which gave me enough time to put in an order for some custom made invites. We went with Maple Card, who were amazing to work with. They are producing them as I write!

What is the fanciest Wedding Invitation that you've seen? Have you kept them?

2 comments:

  1. Hm. Making invitations overseas...please share your experience with Maple Card! My MOH is actually from Indonesia and going back for CNY next year. Hmmm...interesting. If your willing please email me at jwwedding2010 at gmail dot com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to have mine made there and began to use my friend as a translator but my FI decided half way through our order that he didn't want them made there. I was devastated because I am completely in love with the invitations they make there. :( Oh sadness, if there is one thing I regret is not going getting ours from there. The fanciest invitation I've seen was my friend's invitation which was custom made in Indonesia. I'm so jealous now. I can't wait to see how your turn out.

    ReplyDelete