Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hanging the Dress

Does anyone ever think about little wedding details... such as, what hanger are you going to use for the wedding dress on your wedding day? I mean, the photographer will be taking multiple pictures of it. It should be hanging from something nicer than those metal dry-cleaner hangers, right? Well, how about some nice padded hangers like the one below?




Not good enough for your wedding dress? Well, how about a DIY wedding hanger? Or if you're lazy, you can just order one from Etsy seller HollySew. She makes custom designed monogrammed bridal hangers to go with your beautiful wedding dress(es). I think it would be cute to have your date on it.







And here are the hangers in action.


Seen on Project Wedding

Aren't they so pretty? And going along with the hanger topic, how about getting one for your groom too? This Bride made a DIY Groom's hanger and I think it's adorable!


Seen on Project Wedding here (with instructions)

I opted not to get a hanger cover though. Instead, I bought a mannequin. Yes, you read that right. A mannequin. Without the head though, cuz that would be freaky. And no, it's not for freaky-dikky ish. It's for my wedding dress. And afterwards, I'll use it to errr... hang my coats? (I realize that the proper word for it is not mannequin but dress form... I just like to say mannequin to freak people out)


Source


More pictures on this blog here

What did you hang your wedding dress on?

2 comments:

  1. I have thought about it, but haven't come up with anything yet. Those monogrammed hangers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. The mannequin is a great idea! And no worries about your dress getting elongated etc, etc. Which is what I would worry about. =(
    Mind sharing how much something like that would cost? eBay? Hm. My mom might be able to get one for me! Otherwise I like the simplicity of a padded hanger maybe in red (my wedding color) for some Oomph against the ivory of the dress.

    ReplyDelete