Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Ideal Way To Sit

Why is my guestlist so huuuuuge? This makes seating charts a pain in the butt. If I had it my way, I would have made a seating chart like the Flirty Bride. Instead of a Head Table or a Sweetheart Table, they took 7 minutes to eat at each table with their guests. They just carried their plates as they table-hopped. Those pink spots on the seating chart below are the 2 empty seats that were saved for them. How cool is that? Of course, this would only work with small weddings... unless you had 6 hours to kill.




I'm not that big into sitting at a Sweetheart Table. I'd rather be surrounded by my family and friends. Sundance and I would have plenty of time to be alone later on after the wedding. I'm not that big into sitting at Head Tables either. It just seems weird to me to be sitting at a rectangular table with just one person on each side of me while you stare at the rest of the people in your wedding. To me, the ideal place to sit would be at a round table with Sundance and our Wedding Party (who happens to be our immediate family) and/or our parents.

Here's a picture of our Venue layout that I took during a Bridal Expo:


Everything you see, is OURS! The lobby will hold our guest book and a secret surprise. Our ceremony will be held in the Bay View and our Reception will be held in the Ballroom. The Bay View Lounge is where our bar will be.

I made a seating chart from Wedding Wire that didn't make a lot of sense because I didn't even remember the layout of the room. I should've waited until I went to meet the event coordinator at my venue and had her go over everything. Making a seating chart for 250-300 people is painful. The event coordinator was surprised that I wanted to do arranged seating, especially with a Buffet Meal. She suggested we just reserve tables for family and bridal parties. What do you think I should do?


How did you arrange your seating chart? Any advice for someone with a ginormous guestlist?

3 comments:

  1. I'm planning for around 200, also with a buffet. I'm not doing assigned seating, but we are reserving like three tables. We're sitting at one of those with our parents and grandparents(I also hate the thought of a head table); one is reserved for the immediate bride's family; and the last one for the immediate groom's family.

    I hope that helped in some way... I'm excited to see what you end up doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd skip the seating arrangements, it will probably be more of a headache than it's worth :) People are pretty capable of working themselves out, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm using Wedding Wire to do mine. It automatically takes your guest list so you know who is seated and who isn't.

    ReplyDelete